16-port ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed (Plus) with 1 Copper/SFP+ Combo Port
More pricing below, click here!
Please Note: All Prices are Inclusive of GST
Leading the Industry with the 2nd Generation of 10-Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches, Purposely Designed for SMB with Cost-Effective 10GBASE-T Connectivity and Basic L2 Management Features
As a leading provider of network equipment for SMBs, NETGEAR continues to lead the networking industry with its 2nd Generation of ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches. The XS708Ev2 and XS716E are the market's most cost efficient 10-Gigabit switches. Built for SMBs, workgroups, and even home offices, the XS708Ev2 provides 8 (eight) 10-Gigabit Copper ports and 1 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ fiber port, while the XS716E provides 16 (sixteen) 10-Gigabit Copper ports and 1 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ fiber port, all at an affordable price.
These 10-Gigabit Web Managed switches are purposely designed as a cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems, and to meet current and future needs on virtualization, converged networking, and mobility, removing the bottlenecks created by the proliferation of Gigabit-to-the-desktop and the explosion of wireless devices on the network.
As part of the ProSAFE Web Managed (Plus) switch product family, the XS708Ev2 and XS716E 10-Gigabit Ethernet switches come with configurable L2 network features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP snooping, port trunking/link aggregation and rate limiting. These features help to further optimize business network performance, delivering great value and empowering the SMB network. Both switches feature an easy-touse web browser-based management GUI in addition to plug-and-play connectivity.
The XS708Ev2 and XS716E are ideal switches for SMBs in need of simple and affordable 10-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity into their 10G-capable servers and storage devices. Either can be used at the “center of a small business or home office network” or as an aggregation/access switch in a larger organization, connecting to a 10-Gigabit NETGEAR ProSAFE Fully Managed Switch on one end and extending the 10G connections to the edge. They are also ideal for smaller workgroups that need high bandwidth for sharing, collaborating, editing, and publishing high-density content like video or animation. Customers can use Cat6 or Cat7 copper cables with standard RJ45 Ethernet jacks that are already widely used in their current network. Network speeds can improve up to 10x going from traditional Gigabit to 10-Gigabit with minimal network changes and upgrades.
Configurable L2 Networking Features
ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches provide plug-and-play connectivity and additional configurable L2 network features including:
- Port-based and 802.1Q-based VLAN support for traffic segmentation
- Port-based and 802.1p/DSCP-based QoS (Quality of Service) for traffic prioritization
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- IGMP snooping support for multicast optimization
- Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Port trunking/link aggregation (LAG) allows for increased throughput beyond 10G or to provide redundancy across the link(s)
- Jumbo frame support
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
10GBASE-T allows a standard RJ45 Ethernet jack and existing Cat 6 or Cat 7 network cables to be used, delivering a 10X increase in network performance with minimum changes/upgrades.
- 10GBASE-T is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds, alleviating the need for an all-atonce network equipment upgrade
- Cat 5/Cat 5e supported at 1G speeds only, up to 100 meters
- Cat 6 twisted pair supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- Cat 6a or Cat 7 cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
Designed as Core Switch for SMB Network
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storage
- 10-Gigabit fiber link for long-haul connections
- Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth
Act as Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
- 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between the network edge and the core, caused by the adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network infrastructure
- Up to four (XS708Ev2) or eight (XS716E) 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into two 40-Gbps (XS708Ev2) or 80-Gbps (XS716E) uplink/downlink connections using static manual LAGs
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology ensures interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Hardware Warranty and Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support
- LIFETIME Online Chat Technical Support
Features and Benefits:
|10GBASE-T Copper Ethernet connections||Support low-latency, line-rate 10G Copper “BASE-T” technology with backward compatibility to Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. Cost-effectively migrate current network to 10G capacity by utilizing the existing Cat 6 RJ45 short connections (up to 45m) and Cat 6a/Cat 7 connections up to 100m.|
|10GBASE-X SFP+ ports||Providing flexibility to uplink to 10G-capable core or aggregation switches that support fiber links. Backward compatible to Gigabit fiber. Support copper or fiber modules.|
|Rackmount or desktop||Flexible deployment for either rackmount or desktop placement.|
|Kensington lock slot||Prevent theft, removal, or tampering when used for desktop deployment.|
|Port-based and 802.1Q-based VLANs||Segment network into smaller groups for more secure and efficient use of network resources.|
|Comprehensive QoS features:
||Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video. Ingress and egress rate limiting allows for bandwidth shaping for mitigating network resources constraints or for optimizing guest access bandwidth on the network.|
|IGMP Snooping||For improved network efficiency on delivering multicast traffic. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra multicast router.|
|Port trunking / Link Aggregation (Static Manual LAGs)||Build up bigger bandwidth to support aggregated uplink/downlink traffic or to provide redundant link(s) using Static Manual LAGs.|
|Loop detection and auto DoS prevention||Detect accidental network loops and protect against DoS attacks.|
|Port Mirroring||For better and quicker network diagnostics and troubleshooting.|
|Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)||For maximum power savings and reduced energy costs.|
|Cable Test||Easily identify bad Ethernet cables.|
|NETGEAR XS716E Specifications|
|100M/1G/10G RJ-45 copper ports||16|
|1G/10G SFP+ (fiber) ports||1 shared (combo)|
|Packet buffer memory (Dynamically shared across only used ports)||2MB|
|Priority queuing||Weighted Round Robin (WRR)|
|MAC Address database size (48-bit MAC addresses)||16K|
|Number of VLANs||128|
|Packet forwarding rate (64 byte packet size) (Mfps or Mpps)||238.1 Mfps|
|Speed / Latency (copper ports)||100Mbps: <7.14 μs
1Gbps: <2.68 μs
10Gbps: <3.43 μs
|Speed / Latency (SFP+ fiber port)||10Gbps: <2.41 μs|
|Jumbo frame support||Up to 9K packet size|
|Acoustic noise level @ 25°C (dBA) (ANSI-S10.12)||33.9 dBA|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) @ 25°C||348,257 hours|
|L2 Services - VLANs|
|IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging||Yes|
|Port-based VLANs (physical)||Yes|
|L2 Services - Availability|
|Broadcast, multicast, unknown unicast storm control||Yes|
|Static Manual LAGs (Port Trunking)||Yes|
|IEEE 802.3x (full duplex and flow control)||Yes|
|L2 Services - Multicast Filtering|
|IGMP snooping (v1, v2, and v3)||Yes (IGMP v3 source filtering not supported)|
|IGMP snooping querier||No|
|Block unknown multicast||Yes|
|Static multicast router port||No|
|L3 Services - DHCP|
|Static Manual LAGs (Port Trunking)||Yes|
|# of Static LAGs / # of members in each LAG||8 LAGs with max 8 members in each LAG|
|Broadcast, multicast, unknown unicast storm control||Yes|
|DoS attacks prevention||Yes|
|Quality of Services (QOS)|
|Port-based rate limiting||Ingress and egress|
|IEEE 802.1p COS||Yes|
|Weighted Round Robin (WRR)||Yes|
|Strict priority queue technology||No|
|IEEE Network Protocols|
|Web browser-based graphical user interface (GUI)||Yes|
|ProSAFE Plus Configuration Utility (PCU) for multi-switch management||Yes|
|Firmware upgrade||TFTP (Plus Utility) / HTTP (Web GUI)|
|Config file transfers (backup, restore)||Plus Utility or Web GUI|
|Cable test utility||Yes|
|Max number of source ports allowed (many-to-one port mirroring)||15|
|Mirroring port can still work normally?||Yes|
|Per port||Speed, Link, Activity|
|Per device||Power and Fan|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||440 x 204 x 43 mm (17.3 x 8.0 x 1.7 in)|
|Weight||3.20 kg (7.07 lb)|
|Power Supply||Fixed internal PSU, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 2.5A max
Power cord localized to country of sale
|Max power (worst case, all ports used, line-rate traffic) (Watts)||62.7 W|
|Min power (link-down standby) (Watts)||20.9 W|
|Heat Dissipation (max and min) (BTU/hr)||Max: 214.40 BTU
Min:: 71.38 BTU
|Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) IEEE 802.3az||Yes (deactivated by default)|
|Short cable power reduction||Yes|
|Operating temperature||0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)|
|Operating humidity (relative)||90% maximum relative humidity (RH), non-condensing|
|Operating altitude||10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum|
|Storage temperature||-20° to 70°C (- 4° to 158°F)|
|Storage humidity (relative)||95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Storage altitude||10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum|
|Electromagnetic Emissions and Immunity|
|Electromagnetic Compliance (Class A or B)||Class A|
|Warranty and Support|
|ProSAFE Lifetime Warranty||Included, Lifetime*|
|Lifetime Online Technical Support*||Included, Lifetime*|
|Lifetime Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement||Included, Lifetime*|
|ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7 Service Packs**||Category 2: PMB0312 (1 yr.)
PMB0332 (3 yrs.)
PMB0352 (5 yrs.)
* This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorised reseller, and modifications to product may void the warranty; covers hardware, fans, and internal power supplies - not software or external power supplies; see http://www.netgear.com/about/warranty/ for details. Lifetime technical support includes basic phone support for 90 days from purchase date and lifetime online chat support when purchased from a NETGEAR authorised reseller.
** The NETGEAR OnCall 24x7 contract provides unlimited phone and email technical support for your networking product. For ProSAFE products purchased prior to 06/2014, also includes Next-Business-Day (NBD) hardware replacement.
Why 10G Switches and Why from NETGEAR?
NETGEAR introduced the industry's first cost-effective 10-Gigabit Switches for SMBs in 2013 and is the leading provider for 10G solutions at affordable price points:
- Ideal for SMBs to use as the core switch, connecting to 10G-capable Servers and network storage.
- Expand network capacity, remove performance bottlenecks and/or support premise expansion needs.
- Cost-effectively expand 10G bandwidth from core switch in medium-sized networks to access switches which are equipped with 10G uplinks.
- Powerful feature sets with advanced L2+/Layer 3 Lite functions, enhanced security measures, static routing, dynamic VLAN assignment and IPv6 management and support.
- Improved usability for easier and smoother deployment of voice, video, and WLAN on the same converged platform.
- LIFETIME warranty on hardware, LIFETIME Next-Business-Day (NBD) replacement, LIFETIME tech support online chat, and 90-days Free Advanced Tech Phone Support for peace-of-mind.
Download the NETGEAR XS708Ev2 and XS716E Datasheet (PDF).
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.