8-Port 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
More pricing below, click here!
Please Note: All Prices are Inclusive of GST
Unlock the Potential of your 10G/Multi-Gig devices
The XS505M and XS508M come with Copper Ethernet ports that provide either FastEthernet, 1-Gigabit, 2.5-Gigabit, 5-Gigabit or 10-Gigabit connectivity, as well as 1 SFP+ Fiber port with 1-Gigabit or 10-Gigabit connectivity.
Each port automatically detects which speed is needed by the connected device and provides the adequate speed. As opposed to regular 10-Gigabit switches that will only provide 1-Gigabit connectivity to any device that require less than 10-Gigabit, the XS505M gives the exact speed required, no downgrade. Also, the new NETGEAR Multi-speed switch ports can be connected with regular Cat5E Ethernet cables, without the need to upgrade to Cat6 wiring, therefore reducing wiring costs and hassle.
- Multi-Speed Technology
Expand your network instantly, and give your devices either 100Mb, 1, 2.5, 5 or 10 Gigabit, automatically
- Plug and Play
Simple set up with no software or configuration needed
- Flexible Mounting
Rackmount or Desktop Switches
- SFP+ Port
One SFP+ Fiber port with 1-Gigabit or 10-Gigabit connectivity - Ideal for high-speed uplink connectivity to your core network
- High Quality and Reliable Performance
Durable metal case and long product life (shown by MTBF numbers)
- Whisper Quiet
Whisper Quiet switch with an active fan
- Industry leading warranty
LIFETIME 24/7 Technical Support and LIFETIME Hardware Warranty*
Cables and Speed
The following table describes the network cables that you can use for the switch connections and the speeds that these cables can support, up to 100 meters (328 feet).
|100Mbps||Category 5 (Cat 5) or higher rated|
|1Gbps, 2.5Gbps, or 5Gbps||Category 5e (Cat 5e) or higher rated|
|10Gbps||Category 6A (Cat 6A) or higher rated|
Note: For speeds of 10 Gbps, if the cable length is shorter than 45 meters (148 feet), you can use a Cat 5e cable.
Why the NETGEAR 10-Gig/Multi-Gig Switches are ideal for SMB
- Plug-and-play, automatic connectivity to your router or modem of 4 additional wired connections. No need for an IT expert!
- Expand your network instantly, and give your devices either 100Mb, 1, 2.5, 5 or 10-Gigabit, automatically
- Small and silent desktop or rackmount form factor for quiet operation - Adapts to your needs and configuration in any environment
- ProSAFE LIFETIME Warranty, Next Business Day replacement and 24/7 chat with a NETGEAR expert
- Energy efficient switches that automatically adjust power consumption according to the link status and cable length.
|100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G RJ-45 copper ports||4||7|
|10G SFP+ ports||1||1 x 10G/1G SFP+ and Copper (combo)|
|Packet buffer memory (Dynamically shared across only used ports)||128KB||128KB|
|MAC Address database size (48-bit MAC addresses)||2K||2K|
|Packet forwarding rate (64 byte packet size) (Mpps)||10Gbps: 14,880,952fps
|Speed / Latency||100Mbps: <6µs
10Gbps : TBD
10Gbps : TBD
|Jumbo frame support||Up to 9K packet size||Up to 9K packet size|
|Acoustic noise level @ 25°C (dBA) (ANSI-S10.12)||22.5||22.5|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) @ 25°C||1093237 hours||1145157 hours|
|802.1p-based QoS/CoS Supported||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Power Down||Yes||Yes|
|Short Cable Detection/Power Saving||Yes||Yes|
|Quality of Service (QoS)|
|IEEE 802.3az (Energy Efficient Ethernet)||Yes||Yes|
|Honors DSCP (DiffServ) Tags||Yes||Yes|
|Weighted Round Robin (WRR)||Yes||Yes|
|IEEE Network Protocols|
|IEEE Network Protocols||
|Per port||Speed, Link, Activity||Speed, Link, Activity|
|Per device||Power and Fan||Power and Fan|
|Dimensions||328 x 169 x 43.2 mm (12.91 x 6.65 x 1.7 in)||328 x 169 x 43.2 mm (12.91 x 6.65 x 1.7 in)|
|Power Supply||Fixed internal PSU, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 1A max Power cord localized to country of sale||Fixed internal PSU, 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 1.5A max Power cord localized to country of sale|
|Max power (worst case, all ports used, line-rate traffic) (Watts)||22.5W||39W|
|Min power (link-down standby) (Watts)||12.25||21.31|
|Heat Dissipation (max and min) (BTU/hr)||85.3/46.4||147.86/80.8|
|Operating Temperature||0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)|
|Operating Humidity||95% maximum relative humidity (RH), non-condensing|
|Operating Altitude||10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum|
|Storage Temperature||-20° to 70°C (- 4° to 158°F)|
|Storage Humidity||95% maximum relative humidity (RH), non-condensing|
|Storage Altitude||10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum|
|Electromagnetic Emissions and Immunity|
|Electromagnetic Compliance (Class A or B)||Class B|
|Warranty and Support|
|ProSUPPORT OnCall 24x7, Service Packs**||
|Easy-Mount additional options (GS418TPP)||
* This product comes with a limited warranty that is valid only if purchased from a NETGEAR authorised reseller, and modifications to product may void the warranty; covers hardware, fans, and internal power supplies - not software or external power supplies; see http://www.netgear.com/about/warranty/ for details. Lifetime technical support includes basic phone support for 90 days from purchase date and lifetime online chat support when purchased from a NETGEAR authorised reseller.
** The NETGEAR OnCall 24x7 contract provides unlimited phone and email technical support for your networking product. For ProSAFE products purchased prior to 06/2014, also includes next business-day hardware replacement.
XS505M/XS508M in a Business Environment
Download the NETGEAR 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switches Datasheet (PDF).
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.