M6100 MODULE 24x10GBASE-T and 16xSFP+ (shared)
Click here to jump to more pricing!
Please Note: All Prices are Inclusive of GST
M6100: The Latest Advances in Hardware and Software Engineering for Higher Flexibility, Lower Complexity and Stronger Investment Protection, at a High-Value Price Point.
The NETGEAR® Chassis M6100 series delivers L2/L3/L4 and IPv4/IPv6 rich services for enterprise edge and SMB core deployments, as well as 1G / 10G mixed infrastructures in server rooms. Innovative distributed fabric provides non-stop forwarding resiliency and world-class availability - including passive backplane, hitless failover, redundant fabric and redundant management - without having to pay the exorbitant acquisition and maintenance costs associated by other networking vendors in this class.
- Dependable continuity of operations with non-stop switching, non-stop routing and hitless failover supported for both fabric and management
- N+1 redundancy for power supplies and loop-free, disruption-free multi-chassis link aggregation (MLAG)
High speed performance
- 1.4 Tbps total routing / switching capacity and up to 1,071 Mpps intra-blade throughput
- 480 Gbps distributed fabric inter-module with each slot providing 2 x 40G access to the passive backplane (80G half-duplex; 160G full-duplex)
- Only 4U height (7 inches - 17.78cm) and 17.39 inches depth (44.16cm)
- Supports 144 RJ45 10/100/1000 ports, or 120 SFP 100/1000 ports, or 72 RJ45 10GBASE-T ports, or 48 SFP+ 1000/10GBASE-X ports, or acombination
- Distributed fabric removes the need for a dedicated supervisory module yet providing passive backplane, redundant fabric and redundant management
- Any I/O blade spares hardware and software distributed fabric on board, facilitating campus management, maintenance and upgrades
- Entire feature set including datacenter (DCBX, PFC, ETS, FIP Snooping) and advanced IPv6 L3 routing (OSPF, PBR, BGP) is available without license
- Innovative slot-1 supervisory and slot-2 backup supervisory design simplifies the entire chassis installation and ongoing maintenance tasks
- Multi-role versatile platform engineered for cost-effective Gigabit edge, flexible Gigabit / 10 Gigabit distribution and scalable 10 Gigabit core applications
- Any Gigabit copper blade can be upgraded with PoE+ 30W or UPOE 60W daughter card and downgraded later if the application has changed
Industry Standard Management
- Industry standard command line interface (CLI), functional NETGEAR web interface (GUI), SNMP, sFlow and RSPAN
- Single-pane-of-glass NMS300 management platform with centralized firmware updates and mass-configuration support
Industry Leading Warranty
- NETGEAR M6100 series is covered under NETGEAR ProSafe Lifetime Hardware Warranty*
- 90 days of Technical Support via phone and email, Lifetime Technical Support through online chat and Lifetime Next Business Day hardware replacement
- Proficient access layer in campus LAN networks, and competent distribution or core layer for midsize organizations networks
- Advanced Layer 2, Layer 3 and Layer 4 feature set - no license required - including PBR, BGP, DCBX, PFC, ETS and FCoE FIP
- 1.4 Tbps switching and routing capacity, passive backplane, management and fabric nonstop forwarding redundancy
- Up to 144 (Gigabit) ports, or 72 (10 Gigabit) ports, or a combination of both in dense form factor models
- PoE+ (30 watts per port) and UPOE (60 watts per port) modular, flexible implementation
- Ultra-low latency and scalable table size with 32K MAC, 8K ARP/NDP, 4K VLANs, 12K routes
PoE and UPOE
- Any Gigabit copper blade can receive PoE+ or UPOE daughter cards for easy upgrade / downgrade and best investment protection
- Up to 3,000W PoE budget is provided by internal power supplies when 6,000W are available with additional 1U power shelf
- All set for rapid proliferation of PoE/PoE+ devices, such as IP telephony endpoints, 802.11n / 802.11ac access points and IP security cameras
- Future-proof 60W UPOE power delivered to next-gen VDI clients or physical security devices; UPOE is backward compatible with PoE/PoE+
- Advanced classifier-based, time-based hardware implementation for L2 (MAC), L3 (IP) and L4 (UDP/TCP transport ports) security and prioritization
- Voice VLAN with SIP, H323 and SCCP protocols detection and LLDP-MED IP phones automatic QoS and VLAN configuration
- Efficient authentication tiering with successive DOT1X, MAB and Captive Portal methods for streamlined BYOD
- Best-in-class IPv4/IPv6 static and dynamic routing including Proxy ARP, OSPF, BGP, Policy-based routing and automatic 6-to-4 tunneling
- Enhanced IPv4/IPv6 multicast forwarding with IGMPv3/MLDv2 Querier and Control Packet Flooding protection
- High performance IPv4/IPv6 multicast routing with PIM timer accuracy and unhandled PIM (S,G,rpt) state machine events transitioning
- Advanced IPv4/IPv6 security implementation including malicious code detection, DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard protection and DoS attacks mitigation
- Innovative multi-vendor Auto-iSCSI capabilities for easier virtualization optimization
- Datacenter-ready features include DCBX (802.1Qaz), Priority Flow Control (PFC), Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS) and FCoE FIP Snooping
Resiliency and availability
- Passive backplane, distributed redundant fabric and redundant management provide hitless, nonstop forwarding failover protection for always-on availability
- Redundant N+1 power protection contributes to business continuity management
- Distributed Link Aggregation across all I/O blades allows for multi-resiliency and advanced load balancing capabilities
- Multi Chassis Link Aggregation (MLAG) between two M6100 switches overcomes limitations of Spanning Tree, increasing bandwidth while preserving redundancy
- Per VLAN Spanning Tree and Per VLAN Rapid Spanning Tree (PVSTP/PVRSTP) offer interoperability with PVST+ infrastructures
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) provides backup for any statically allocated next-hop router address going down, increasing default path availability
- DHCP/BootP innovative auto-installation including firmware and configuration file upload automation
- Industry standard SNMP, RMON, MIB, LLDP, AAA, sFlow and RSPAN remote mirroring implementation
- Selectable service port for out-of-band Ethernet management (OOB)
- Selectable standard RS232 straight-through serial RJ45 and Mini-USB ports for local management console
- Standard USB port for local storage, logs, configuration or image files
- Dual firmware image and configuration file for updates with minimum service interruption
- Industry standard command line interface (CLI) for IT admins used to other vendors commands
- Fully functional Web console (GUI) for IT admins who prefer an easy to use graphical interface
- Single-pane-of-glass NMS300 management platform with mass-configuration support
- This product is backed by a NETGEAR ProSAFE® Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
- Lifetime Next Business Day Hardware Replacement. Click here for coverage, availability and terms and conditions.
- ProSUPPORT 24x7 Advanced Technical Support via phone for 90 days (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues). ProSUPPORT coverage can be extended by purchasing one, three, or five year contracts.
- ProSUPPORT Lifetime 24x7 Advanced Technical Support via chat.
|Model Description||M6100 Sereies 24x10G Blade|
|RJ45 Ports||24 x 10GBASE-T (16 combo and 8 independent)|
|Fiber SFP+ (1000/10G)||16 x SFP+ (shared)|
|Feature Set||License-free L2/L3/L4 and IPv4/IPv6 advanced software package|
|Form Factor||I/O Blade|
Download the Netgear M6100 MODULE 24x10GBASE-T and 16xSFP+ (shared) Datasheet (PDF).
- All Prices are Inclusive of GST
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.